Inspire Home Loans Inc. (“Inspire”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) respects and is committed to protecting your privacy. That is why we have adopted this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice lets you know how and for what purposes we are collecting, processing, and using your Personal Information (as defined herein). We pledge that we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information and Usage Information (as defined herein) will only be used in ways that comply with this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice applies to any web page, email list, onsite electronic data collection, generic information, and Personal Information collected and/or owned by us, including but not limited to our Inspire website, located at www.inspirehomeloans.com. This Privacy Notice is in effect no matter the method of collection (such as by mail, facsimile, sign-up/sign-in page, survey, or promotion), including collection through our website and any online features, products, services, and/or programs we offer (collectively, the “Web Properties”). Inspire will treat any offline collection, uses, and disclosures of your Personal Information consistently with our online privacy practices set forth in this Privacy Notice.
Personal Information Collected as Lender and/or Service Provider
Inspire is a wholly owned subsidiary of Century Communities, Inc. we will refer to Century Communities and their other affiliated companies as “Century”. Our relationship with Century makes us uniquely situated to make sure your loan close closes on time. We may store the information we collect on servers that are owned by Century. While the servers may be owned by Century, all of the information that we collect is stored separately from Century’s information so that there is no commingling or unintentional transfer of information between Inspire and Century.
Inspire is receiving your Personal Information as part of the mortgage application and/or pre-qualification process for the purpose of providing mortgage or related financial products. Inspire may also be acting as a service provider to Century. In such cases, we may collect or receive Personal Information about or from individuals for the sole purpose of providing services to or on behalf of Century. In cases where we are providing services to or on behalf of Century, we do not share consumer information with third parties, other than (1) those with which Century has contracted to interface with the consumer application, (2) law enforcement or other governmental authority in connection with an investigation, or civil or criminal subpoenas or court orders, or (3) as otherwise set forth in this Privacy Notice. The privacy notices of Century shall apply to information collected by Century.
Types of Information Collected
Inspire, and any third party that we engage for the purpose of administering, operating, hosting, configuring, designing, maintaining and providing support for our Web Properties, and to offer you our services and products, may collect two types of information when you visit the Web Properties: Personal Information and Usage Information.
Personal Information: The types of information that Inspire collects may include, among other things, the following categories of information (collectively, “Personal Information”):
- contact information (e.g., your first name, last name, title, physical address, zip code, phone number, email address);
- user name, password and security questions and answers;
- demographic information, such as your date of birth and nationality, which allows us to verify your identity and comply with federal law;
- social security number (SSN), driver’s license, passport, and other government ID numbers and government documents;
- Internet Protocol (or IP) address or device ID/UDID, protocol and sequence information;
- loan account information;
- bank account and credit/debit card numbers;
- information required for you to pre-qualify for the purchase of a home, including, a two-year residency history, information about sources and amounts of income, including a two-year employment history if applicable, and information about approximate value or balance of assets such as deposit accounts, retirement accounts, real estate owned, etc.;
- your estimated payments and balances for liabilities such as existing mortgage loans, auto loans, credit card accounts, and other similar obligations; and
- other personal information needed to provide real-estate related and loan-related services to you.
You are not required to provide any of this information, but if you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide you the requested service or complete your transaction.
Usage Information: The types of usage information that Inspire collects may contain generic information about you when you visit the Web Properties, which may include, among other things, the following categories of information (collectively, “Usage Information”):
- browser language and type;
- domain name system requests;
- browsing history (such as, time spent at a domain, time and date of your visit) and number of clicks;
- http headers, application client and server banners, and operating system and fingerprinting data; and
- aggregated information, including De-identified Data (as defined herein).
How Information is Collected
In the course of our business, we may collect Personal Information and Usage Information about you from the following sources:
- applications or other forms we receive from you or your authorized representative, which may include information about your assets and income and identifying information, such as name, address and SSN;
- your communication to us (for example, an inquiry about a property, or a request to sign up for a mailing list or to receive updates from us);
- information we receive from you through the Web Properties and as a result of your use of our services;
- information we receive from your computer or mobile device;
- information we receive from our affiliates, partners or service providers;
- information from consumer or other reporting agencies and public records maintained by governmental entities that we obtain directly from those entities, from our affiliates or others, such as your creditworthiness and credit history; and
- information we receive from other sources, as permitted by applicable laws, rules and regulations.
We may transfer your Personal Information to third parties, including our hosting partners and other trusted third parties who assist us in operating the Web Properties.
Additional Ways Usage Information is Collected
If you visit our website, we may also collect Usage Information from you in the following ways:
Cookies: From time to time, we may use “cookies” to keep track of your visit and your use of the Web Properties. A cookie is a small piece of data that your browser stores on your computer’s or device’s hard drive and is used to collect information, such as identifying those areas of the Web Properties that you have visited in the past in order to enhance your next visit to the Web Properties. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser, but some functionality of the Web Properties may be impaired or not function as intended if you choose not to accept cookies.
Web Beacons: Some of our web pages and electronic communications may contain images, which may or may not be visible to you, known as Web Beacons (sometimes referred to as “clear gifs”). Web Beacons collect only limited information that includes a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides.
Unique Identifier: We may assign you a unique internal identifier to help keep track of your future visits. We use this information to gather aggregate demographic information about our visitors, and we use it to personalize the information that you see on the Web Properties and some of the electronic communications you receive from us. We keep this information for our internal use.
Use of Collected Information
Information collected by Inspire may be used for the following primary purposes:
- To provide products and services to you or any affiliate or third party who is obtaining services on your behalf or in connection with a transaction involving you.
- To improve our products and services.
- To personalize your experience on the Web Properties.
- To communicate with you.
- To inform you about Inspire’s, our affiliates’ and third parties’ products and services, jointly or independently.
When Information Is Disclosed
We may provide your Personal Information (excluding information we receive from consumer or other credit reporting agencies) and Usage Information to various individuals and companies, as permitted by law, without obtaining your prior authorization. Such laws do not allow consumers to restrict these disclosures. Please see the section below titled Choices with Your Personal Information to learn how to limit the discretionary disclosure of your Personal Information and Usage Information.
Disclosures of your Personal Information may be made to the following categories of affiliates and nonaffiliated third parties, unless prohibited by applicable law:
- To third parties to provide you with services you have requested, and to enable us to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, material misrepresentation, or nondisclosure.
- To nonaffiliated third-party service providers who provide or perform services on our behalf and use the disclosed information only in connection with such services.
- To law enforcement or other governmental authority in connection with an investigation, or civil or criminal subpoena or court order.
- To lenders, lien holders, judgment creditors, or other parties claiming an interest in title whose claim or interest must be determined, settled, paid, or released prior to closing on your new home.
- To other third parties for whom you have given us written authorization to disclose your Personal Information.
We might disclose Personal Information and/or Usage Information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary:
- To comply with a legal process or applicable laws.
- To enforce this Privacy Notice.
- To take precautions against liability and respond to any claim that any information provided by you violates the rights of a third party.
- To assist government enforcement agencies.
- To protect our rights, property, or the safety or the rights, property, or personal safety of our visitors and the public, which includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction, and, if required by law, disclosing information to U.S. federal and state governmental agencies.
- To investigate potential unauthorized access or misuse of the Web Properties.
We maintain reasonable safeguards to keep your Personal Information secure. When we provide Personal Information to our affiliates or third-party service providers as discussed in this Privacy Notice, we require that these parties agree to process such information in compliance with our Privacy Notice or in a manner that complies with applicable privacy laws. The use of your information by a trusted business partner may be subject to that party’s own privacy notice. Unless permitted by law, we do not disclose information we collect from consumer or credit reporting agencies with our affiliates or others without your consent.
In addition to the other rights described herein, we have the right to exploit, share, and use, for any purpose, the collected Personal Information in an aggregated, anonymized form, such that you are not individually identified (collectively, “De-identified Data”).
We may allow you to create a user profile for use in connection with the Web Properties (“Profile”). When you open an account with us and create a Profile, we may obtain, verify and record information that identifies you, including Personal Information. We may be required to verify, record or share such information to help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities.
We reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information, as well as any information about or obtained from you, in connection with the merger, sale or other disposition of all or part of our business and/or assets, or in the event of our bankruptcy, reorganization, insolvency, receivership, or an assignment for the benefit of our creditors. You expressly agree and consent to the use and/or transfer of the foregoing information in connection with any of the above described proceedings. We are not responsible for any breach of security or action by any of these third parties.
We may disclose your Personal Information for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information. We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission or as directed by you.
For certain features available through the Web Properties, including use of a Profile (if applicable), we may require the use of encryption technologies provided for your protection. We use reasonable precautions to protect the privacy of your username, password and Profile information and to ensure that information collected through the Web Properties is not lost, misused or altered inappropriately by administering security measures. You are ultimately responsible for protecting your username, password and Profile information from disclosure to third parties, and you are not permitted to circumvent the use of required encryption technologies.
While we use technologies and procedures designed to protect your confidential information and provide suitable security, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We do not and cannot guarantee or warrant that any information transmitted through the Internet is secure, or that such transmissions are free from delay, interruption, interception or error.
Information from Children
The Web Properties are meant for adults. We do not collect Personal Information from any person that we know to be under the age of eighteen (18). THE WEB PROPERTIES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN.
You affirm that you are over the age of eighteen (18) and that you will abide by the terms of this Privacy Notice.
Parents and legal guardians should be aware that this Privacy Notice will govern our use of Personal Information, but also that information that is voluntarily given by children – or others – in email exchanges, bulletin boards, or the like, may be used by other parties to generate unsolicited communications. We encourage all parents and legal guardians to instruct their children in the safe and responsible use of their Personal Information while using the Internet.
Privacy Outside the Web Properties
The Web Properties may now or in the future contain links to other websites. Inspire is not and cannot be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any of those other websites. Please check with those websites in order to determine their privacy policies and your rights under them.
We may use the services of third party service providers, for example to process payments and other transactions or to provide analytics services. By using our Web Properties, you grant us all necessary rights and consents under applicable laws to disclose to the third party service providers – and/or allow those third party service providers to collect, use, retain and disclose to us – any Personal Information for purposes of providing services to you, including data that we may collect directly from you using cookies or other similar means.
European Union Users
The Web Properties and our products and services are hosted in the United States and are governed by United States law. If you are using the Web Properties or our products or services from outside the United States, please be aware that your Personal Information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using the Web Properties or our products and services, you consent to your Personal Information being transferred to our facilities and to the facilities of those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Privacy Notice.
Choices with Your Personal Information
Whether you submit Personal Information to Inspire is entirely up to you. If you decide not to submit Personal Information, Inspire may not be able to provide certain services or products to you. The uses of your Personal Information that, by law, you cannot limit, include:
- for our everyday business purposes – to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), to respond to law enforcement or other governmental authority in connection with an investigation, or civil or criminal subpoenas or court orders, or report to credit bureaus;
- for our own marketing purposes; and
- for our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your transactions and experiences.
You may choose to prevent Inspire from disclosing or using your Personal Information under the following circumstances (“opt-out”):
- for our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness; and
- for our affiliates to market to you.
To the extent permitted above, you may opt-out of disclosure or use of your Personal Information by notifying us by one of the methods at the end of this Privacy Notice. We do not share your Personal Information with non-affiliates for their direct marketing purposes.
For California and Delaware Residents: We will not share your Personal Information with nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted by law. Currently, we do not recognize “do not track” requests from Internet browsers and similar devices. To find out more about “do not track,” you may wish to visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
For California Residents: Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide certain personally identifiable information in connection with obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us (once a calendar year) information about the customer information we shared (if any) with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2018 will receive information regarding 2017 sharing activities, if any). To obtain this information, please send an email message to Contact@Inspirehomeloans.com with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your email address in response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements, and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California residents who use the Web Properties are entitled to the following consumer rights notice: If you have a question or complaint regarding the services or products provided through the Web Properties, please send an email to Contact@InspireHomeLoans.com. You may also contact us by writing to 4695 MacArthur Court, Suite 350, Newport Beach, California 92660, or by calling us at (844) 775-7758. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
For Nevada Residents: You may be placed on our internal Do Not Call List by calling ((833) 256-4448) or by contacting us via the information set forth at the end of this Privacy Notice. Nevada law requires that we also provide you with the following contact information: Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington St., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; Phone number: (702) 486-3132; email: BCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us.
For Oregon Residents: We will not share your Personal Information with nonaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes, except after you have been informed by us of such sharing and had an opportunity to indicate that you do not want a disclosure made for marketing purposes.
For Vermont Residents: We will not share your Personal Information with nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted by Vermont law, such as to process your transactions or to maintain your account. In addition, we will not share information about your creditworthiness with our affiliates except with your authorization.
Not Financial Advice
You acknowledge and agree that by providing you with access to and use of the Web Properties, we are not providing financial opinions or advice on any of the matters discussed or included on the Web Properties, and we will not be liable to any party for any act or failure to act relating to any information included on the Web Properties. You further acknowledge that none of the information contained on the Web Properties constitutes a solicitation, offer, opinion, or recommendation by Inspire to buy or sell any security, or to provide legal, tax, accounting, or investment advice or services regarding the profitability or suitability of any security or investment.
Access and Correction
Please contact us in the manner specified at the end of this Privacy Notice to access your Personal Information in our possession and correct inaccuracies of that information in our records. We ask individuals to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed and amended before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests in limited circumstances, as permitted by applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Your Consent to This Privacy Notice
By using the Web Properties, you consent to the collection and use of your information (including Personal Information) by us as specified above or as we otherwise see fit, in compliance with this Privacy Notice, unless you inform us otherwise by means of the procedure identified below. If we decide to change this Privacy Notice or some part of it, we will make an effort to post those changes on this web page so that you will always be able to understand what information we collect, how we use that information and under what circumstances we may disclose that information to others. Your use of the Web Properties following our publication of any amendment of this Privacy Notice will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms for all previously collected information and information collected from you in the future. We may use comments, information or feedback that you may submit in any manner that we may choose without notice or compensation to you.
If you have questions, would like to access your Personal Information, or want to opt-out of certain information sharing, please send your requests to:
Inspire Home Loans Inc.
4695 MacArthur Court
Newport Beach, California 92660
Phone: (844) 775-7758
Copyright © 2018. Inspire Home Loans Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Effective as of: August 23, 2018 | Last updated: August 23, 2018